Aims & Objectives
Photography: Aksgar Magazine features compelling narrative photography work from India and beyond in the form of photo essays.
Editorial Articles: Aksgar will also publish articles looking at photography and multimedia as an art form. Please keep your articles between 500- 3000 words.
Multimedia: Multimedia work that uses the photographic image as a base to construct a visual narrative is also showcased on Aksgar. If your work straddles video & photography then do get in touch with us.
All submissions (except for invited submissions) will go through an editorial review. Only upon successful completion of the review will the work be published on Aksgar.
If your work is selected for publication, we will notify you as soon as possible.
Some work will, in total or in part, be selected for publication in the print version of Aksgar. If your work is selected for the print version, we will get in touch and, if you are interested, request high resolution files of your images.
How to Submit
The people behind Aksgar have other day jobs to earn their bread and are doing this out of love for photography so time is always an issue. By following the below guidelines you will not only help us save time but also make the world a happier place by making the whole process of sorting through submissions a smoother affair! Please note that submissions not following these guidelines will not be considered.
- Resize your files to around 1200 pixels on the wider edge (never less than 1024 pixels). We can only accept jpg files at 100% quality. If we require higher resolution files, we will ask you.
- Please name your photos in the order you wish them to be viewed. For example: 1-yourname.jpg, 2-yourname.jpg and so on.
- All files should have embedded metadata. At a minimum, title, caption and author should be included.
- No borders or watermarks please.
- Please include a description of your photo essay, a brief bio and photo of you along with your submission.
- Zip all your files together and upload them as a single file using the form below. Fill in all the required fields.
- If you are submitting multimedia work please send us a url to your video first where possible.
- For written work send us a pdf (or online link) of your article.
- Submissions with large file sizes might receive an error message. In such cases, please email your submission in the above mentioned format directly to submit (at) aksgar (dot) com (up to 25 MB). If your submission is larger then 25 MB then please email us first and we will inform you of other submission options.
It pains us to say so, but at the moment we cannot offer financial compensation for your work. We know that a credit line does not pay your bills, but it’s all we can afford to give you for now.
We are working hard to change this in the future. If you know or represent any Foundation or other organization that would be interested in supporting our efforts, please get in touch.
By submitting your work to us you also agree to our editing it, both in terms of length or order, to present it in the best possible way on Aksgar.
Copyright Info & Disclaimer
By submitting your work for publication in Aksgar you are stating that you own the copyright to your work, or have permission from the copyright holder to submit the work.
If your submitted work is accepted for publication, Aksgar will have a non-exclusive right to use your work on Aksgar.com and Aksgar’s social media channels and keep it in the published archives during the life of the website.
If your images/article/videos are chosen to be featured on the print version of the magazine, in addition to the rights above, Aksgar will have a worldwide, non-exclusive right to use your images/articles/videos for distribution in the electronic print-ready (pdf format) version of Aksgar as well as in print. Your work will be credited at all times.
Copyright for the published images/articles/videos, unless otherwise mentioned, remains with the copyright holder.
Aksgar cannot be held liable for copyright violation in case of images/articles/videos submitted by a third-party without the proper consent of the copyright owner.
Please fill in all the required fields. Your files should be zipped into one and uploaded using the form.